2020 has been the year that the nation stayed home, protecting ourselves and each other from the spread of COVID-19. With the majority of people using their homes more than usual, CET was much busier and were presented with a unique challenge; ensuring that the many thousands of customers that we serve get the help that they need whilst ensuring we can continue to keep both them and our network of engineers safe.
Here’s how we did it:
Working in partnership with Clients and the Contractor Network
At CET, we work in collaboration with our insurance clients and our contractor network to deliver the best claims journey possible for the customers in their homes. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve worked closely with our network and our insurance partners to keep serving the nation and keeping them safe in their homes.
To keep our partners informed and to ensure continued delivery of service throughout the pandemic, CET launched the following initiatives:
- Deployed homeworking for all CET employees
- Advised contractor partners on how to make their workplace COVID-safe, as well as guidance on how to work from home
- Assisted key insurance clients with their business continuity plans and deploying technology to enable them to continue to deliver for their customers
- Securing Key Worker status and providing contractors with the necessary paperwork to continue operating
- Daily updates to contractors on part stocks and opening/closing of trusted suppliers
- Sourcing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for engineers and securing additional funding to cover increased costs
- Providing advice on the government’s Furlough scheme, as well as financial aid
- Creating the Safe Systems of Work policy to ensure contractors are operating safety in customers’ homes
- Implementing a pre-screening system to identify customers who are vulnerable or self-isolating
- Continual development of the SIMPLIFi app, as well as modifying new functionality to assist with the COVID-19 pandemic
Through these initiatives, CET and its partners have continued to serve many thousands of customers across the UK. To find out more about joining CET and becoming a member of our trusted Contractor Network, visit the Join our Network page.