Customer Privacy Notice
Individuals have the right to be informed about the collection and use of their personal data. This is a key transparency requirement under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
CET Structures Limited (CET) is committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured this information will only be used for the stated business purpose, in accordance with this privacy notice, data protection legislation and agreements we have in place with your insurance provider.
This privacy notice sets out how CET processes and protects any personal identifiable information (PII) about you and the purpose that the information is processed for.
Who we are
CET Structures Ltd. (CET) are based in Castle Donington, Leicestershire and we specialise in processing home insurance claims on behalf of our insurance clients. To do this effectively and within commercial service level agreements we will take full control of your claim and appoint a representative from our UK Network of approved suppliers to attend your home to make safe and prevent further peril to your property, in line with the terms of your insurance policy.
What PII does CET Structures Ltd. collect?
PII is typically supplied to CET for the purpose of fulfillment of the Insurance claim handled by CET on behalf of our commercial clients by;
- Our commercial clients, typically insurance providers
- Our client’s customers – insurance policyholders, to verify their identity when communicating with our claims fulfillment personnel and to provide bank details, only if payment or reimbursement is required.
CET process a limited and defined range of information about you, securely provided to CET by your insurance company. This includes;
- The name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number, date of birth and gender of the policyholder,
- Details of any other person named and appointed by the policyholder to act as their representative and on their behalf,
- Policyholder bank account and credit card details where the policyholder has to pay a portion of the claim or is entitled to a refund payment, dependent on the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
- Additionally claims fulfillment personnel will make reference to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy, to ensure claims are handled fairly.
How does CET use personal information?
We use the PII supplied to us by our clients to;
- Verify your identity when you make contact with us in the event that you have a claim to make,
- To verify the identity of any nominated representative appointed to act on your behalf,
- To manage any costs or refunds attributable to the works undertaken by CET under the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
The legal basis that allows CET to process your personal data is the contractual agreements we have with our clients, typically insurance companies.
Your PII is not used for any additional purposes other than the contracted claims fulfillment agreements.
We do not process any PII other than the information that is described in this policy, and all PII is securely supplied to us by our clients.
When do we share personal data?
We share your personal data (Name, Address and Contact Details) with our appointed repair supplier.
This is necessary to allow them to attend your property for the purpose of completing the claims fulfillment works in line with the terms and conditions of your insurance policy.
This information is supplied securely through our own bespoke mobile App or via secure email.
Each of our appointed suppliers have signed a Data Protection Agreement that describes the purpose of them being supplied personal data and they agree to keep your data secure and to only use it for the purposes intended in the contractual agreement with CET.
Where do CET store and process personal data?
Your data comes to us from your insurers and is securely transferred to our bespoke job management system, we create a unique job ID whenever a claim is made by a policyholder.
Following completion of works to service your insurance claim, we inform our client of works undertaken and your details are then securely stored on our job management system for a further period of 6 years or any other retention period required by our clients as part of our contractual agreement with them. Please refer to your insurance companies own privacy statement relating to data retention.
At the end of the retention period your personal data is automatically securely destroyed, and the job information is archived in our job management system. We may retain non-Personally Identifiable information relating to the job for data analysis and risk modelling.
How do we secure personal data?
All data held by CET is in electronic format and is stored within data centres in the European Economic Area (EEA), data is fully encrypted in transit and at rest and in line with our Information Security Management Systems certification to ISO 27001.
Our certification to ISO 27001 provides our stakeholders with confidence that CET have developed and robust processes in place to effectively process your data that include documented polices;
- to protect data against accidental loss
- to prevent unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure
- to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery
- to restrict access to personal information
- to conduct privacy impact assessments in accordance with the law and your business policies
- to train staff and contractors on data security
- to manage third party risks, through use of contracts and security reviews
How long do we keep your personal data for?
Unless our clients advise otherwise, all PII is securely retained for a period of 6 years. This is based on the guidance provided by the European Data Retention Guidelines.
Your rights in relation to personal data
CET respects the right of data subjects to access and control of their personal data.
Under the terms of GDPR, you have rights in respect of:
- Access to personal information that CET hold about you
- The right to request correction and deletion of your information that CET hold about you
- The right to request to CET a restriction of processing or an objection to CET processing your information. In such cases we will have to refer to your insurance provider.
CET believe that this Customer Privacy Notice clearly defines the details about the PII that CET hold about you providing you with information about how it is managed and secured to protect the privacy of your PII. However should you need to contact CET in relation to the situations above please refer to the How to Contact us section that follows and inform us of the clear requirements of your request.
- Please note that any queries relating to the GDPR sections covering data portability are the responsibility of your insurance provider. You should contact them directly in respect of your rights under these clauses of GDPR.
- You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you need any advice or feel your data has been misused or that CET has not kept it secure, you should contact them and tell them by;
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Telephone at 0303 123 1113 or Textphone: 01625 545860 Monday – Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
- By Post to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Use of automating decision-making and profiling
CET does not use profiling or automated decision making.
How to contact us:
If you need to contact us you can;
- Call us on 0343 227 2362
- Email to email@example.com
- By post to The Chief Information Officer, CET Structures Ltd. 3 Boundary Court, Willow Farm Business Park, Castle Donington, Leicestershire, DE74 2UD.