At the beginning of 2016, CET entered into a two-year partnership with MacMillan Cancer Support, to help raise funds in support of people living with cancer in the UK today.
One year into the partnership, we are delighted to say we have raised a total of £6,573.19 – far exceeding our original target of £5,000.
Employees from across the organisation have helped raised funds through a combination of marathons, WOLF runs and cycle challenges. For the less energetic amongst us, there were bake sales, sweepstakes, go sober months and the World’s biggest coffee morning.
Last year, MacMillan held two Meet MacMillan sessions at the Wolvey and Donington sites, with attendees helping to plan future activities. The partnership is wholeheartedly endorsed by CET company CEO, Bob Blunden, and CET has match-funded over £750 of 2016’s income.
Funds raised by CET are unrestricted, which means McMillan can spend it where it is needed most. What does £6.5k get you?
- Fund a MacMillan nurse for more than 243 hours
- 35 MacMillan Heating Grants – helping people affected by cancer to heat their homes during treatment
- Fund a MacMillan Information and Support Centre for more than a month
What to look forward to in 2017
This year, there are many more opportunities to get involved. Some key activities already in the pipeline include:
- Marathon Walk (all sites)
- Derby Half Marathon (Dan Jemmerson, Tom Wood and Hayley Lounds participating)
- Castle Donington 10 mile run (Davy McCabe, Ben Roper and Luke Orton participating)
- 2017 WOLF runs (Scott Cuppelditch participating)
- The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning (29th September)
There are currently 2.5 million people in the UK living with cancer. This is set to rise to 4 million by 2030. Macmillan is there for anyone affected by cancer – last year over 5.8 million people received medical, financial, emotional and practical support.
For more information, visit https://www.macmillan.org.uk/