We are looking for a structures technician/senior structures technician to join our team of experienced technicians investigating all types of structure; from concrete and brick to steel framed and post-tensioned structures. The team are experts in on-site data acquisition and utilise a wide range of techniques.
- Defect and delamination surveys of reinforced concrete structures.
- Extraction of test cores
- Concrete deterioration testing such as half-cell potential, cover meter surveys, depth of carbonation, resistivity, etc.
- Reinforcement surveys such as scanning by Hilti Ferroscan, GPR and breakout exposures
- Inspection and sampling of masonry
- Inspection and sampling of steel
- Bridge bearing surveys and inspection
- Tensile load (pull-out) testing
- Ultrasonic testing
- Repairs to intrusive works
- Assisting with pavement investigations (trailer mounted coring, FWD, DCP, etc.)
- Some cross over with geotechnical works.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- A head for heights, much of the works require working at height by scaffold or MEWP; therefore IPAF and PASMA training would be beneficial but can be arranged
- Good in confined spaces, they often work in confined spaces such as service tunnels and culverts; previous confined space training would be beneficial but can be arranged
- Computer literacy, you will be expected to produce reports
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Driving licence
- CSCS card
- First aid and AutoCAD experience would be an advantage.
Flexibility will be required as you may be required to work nights, occasional weekends and it is common to lodge away for periods of time nationwide.
This position offers a competitive salary with overtime. You would also be provided with a company vehicle.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Phil Church, email@example.com
NB: CET does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties.