CET is a market leader in construction materials testing, geo-environmental consultancy, underground services and subsidence investigation. We maintain a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and provide support to a wide range of road, rail and construction firms across the UK.
Due to continued expansion in our geotechnical division we are looking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in our new Central London office.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Geotechnical Engineer looking to work for a business that is going through significant growth. CET will support continued development through further training as well as the opportunity to develop skills and experience on the job.
- Project management of ground investigation contracts in the residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure sectors
- On-site supervision of investigation works
- Factual and interpretative report writing
- Client management & business development opportunities
- Degree qualified in Geology, Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology (or other relevant subject)
- Soil logging to Eurocode 7 – BS 5930 essential
- Experience with supervising drilling rigs and various site investigation techniques
- Experience with scheduling laboratory tests
- Competent in geotechnical design for deep and shallow foundations, basements, slopes, earthworks, ground improvement and retaining walls
- Proficiency in geotechnical design software desirable – (e.g. pdsip software).
- Experience writing basement impact assessments and ground movement analysis desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Robust understanding of relevant legislation, technical guidance & codes of practice
- Membership of professional organisation and commitment towards continuing professional development.
- Qualified or working towards chartered engineer/geologist status
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
We appreciate it is rare to find the “ideal” candidate, but if you can tick most of these boxes, we would like to hear from you:
- Commitment – to deliver outstanding customer service internally and externally and putting the customer at the heart of what we do
- Expertise – to use skills, knowledge and training to enhance the customer experience. to share knowledge and expertise where appropriate
- Teamwork – to work as one team across the CET business and identifies opportunities to collaborate with other departments to support the business goals
- Health and Safety – embeds HAS into all working practices and behaviours
- Promotes respect, diversity and equality through attitude and behaviour
- Works with integrity at all times
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career we’d love to hear from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Jack Hunter on email@example.com
NB: CET does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties.