Position: Environmental Scientist
Salary: Competitive, based on experience and qualifications.
CET are looking to employ an Environmental Scientist, qualified to first/second-degree level, with around 1 to 3 years of experience of carrying out phased contaminated land investigations within a Geo-Environmental Consultancy.
Relevant experience includes the following:
- Preparation of Phase I Preliminary Risk Assessment/Desk Study reports including the development of Conceptual Models exploring relationships between potential sources, pathways and receptors of contamination
- Undertaking Phase II site investigations of potentially contaminated sites and logging soils to BS:5930
- Field monitoring of controlled waters and ground gases
- Scheduling laboratory chemical testing and liaising with analytical laboratories
- Preparing interpretative generic/semi-detailed quantitative risk assessment reports
- Carrying out waste classification Hazard Assessments with the HazWasteOnline tool
- Overseeing remediation works and the recovery of validation samples
- Attractive basic salary
- 20 days’ annual leave, plus statutory public holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle2Work Scheme
If you are interested in joining one of the UK’s leading specialists in materials testing, please apply by e-mail to email@example.com
NB: CET is an equal opportunities employer.